This is the announcement for a full day Shutter Walk on the 28th Aug 2010 (sat) or the 29th Aug 2010 (sun)
In the form you will have an option to choose either of the two options but saturday is more preferable as the general crowd will be less and we expect photography to be much easier without major disturbance. If you will not be able to make it on any one of the dates please indicate the same in the form. Also those returning to office on monday morning can take a rest on sunday
We will be leaving the city roughly by about 6 am and reaching back by about 8 pm max (all times depending on where you are in the city)
This trip will purely based on volunteerism and those bringing in the car and driving to and from tada. Those willing to bring their car should please indicate the same in the entry form. The members will be reimbersed for fuel.
There will be pick up points along major arterial roads in the city (offcourse some may be stuck in one corner of the city). We will try the best to cover the most part of the city.
The fees for this shutter walk is currently fixed at Rs 800 which will be inclusive of up and down transportation by car, camera entry fee of RS 50, Parking charges , break fast, lunch , evening snacks/tea, medical first aid kit and mineral water. Basically should cover most of the end to end expenses
We will not go with a rigid pick up route and we will form the routes as people register and get the confirmations
1. Fill out the form in the link below
By registering on this form we will presume that you have read the general words of caution(at the end of this mail) and accept the same
2. You will recieve a email with account details for making payment by the beggining of next day of registration
Fees will be collected in advance for confirmation. After initial registration a mail will be sent to your mail id mentioning the account number and other details for payment to ICICI bank account. You will be able to either do a bank transfer,pay the amount in cash at the nearest branch or drop a cheque at the nearest branch.The mode of payment is also indicated in the registration form.
3. After payment of the amount into the account send email to me with payment/transaction details and a digital image of yourselves (to help identify you while picking you up)
4. Registration will be confirmed on reciept of the fees and the photo. Refunds may or may not be possible as the plan will be with you and replacements may not be forthcoming.
Closure of online registrations (before payment) - 23rd Aug 2010 (next monday)
Closure of registrations (after payment, completion of step 4) – 25th Aug 2010 (next wednesday)
The original name for TADA falls is Ubbalamadugu falls, we came to know this through localates there. This place is in the border of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil nadu. Its in Nellore district. You can take NH-5 from Chennai and drive for about 100 kilometers to reach Tada. Just before you enter the town Tada, you hit the Kalahasti Road going west off NH-5.
The whole area is a reserve forest and we will be walking and trekking (not the very risky type), crossing streams, etc. We will get a chance to have a nice bath towards the mid day. The area is abound with butterflies, birds,natural rock formations, etc which makes this place a nature lovers paradise.
We will also have a lot of scope for macro photography. Much has been written about tada and can be searched on the internet.
CPC has been to tada twice before, once it was just me and Ranjit and then the whole gang with the jeepers
What we will get to shoot
Nature in virginity – Flora and fauna , butterflies , birds , etc
What you will get from the shutter walk
This event will be relatively more tedious than the ones that we have had before. We will have to walk atleast about 6-7 kms that day
6.00 am – Leave Chennai
7.30 am – Breakfast on the way (probably pongal, vada, idly, dosa, uttampam and some coffee). Pack lunch on the way
8.30 am – Reach base camp and leave cars in the parking lot
9-4 pm – Walk and shoot , bath in the falls/stream , lunch , return to base camp
5 pm - leave base camp for the city
5.30 pm – Snacks/Tea
8.00 Pm – Reach city and disburse
General words of caution before enrolling for this event
- The organisers will not be liable or responsible for your safety or security of your belongings during this event
- Alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited
- Shutter walk is an activity where there are more than 50% chances of facing uncertainty, as you see we always write “Tentative Schedule”, on treks its very difficult to make people walk with the speed we want, especially with cameras.
- Weather conditions, Wildlife movements, permission changes are not in our hand, many times we are forced to change the itinerary, distance or place.
- Common items such as first aid kit, CPC banner, etc will need to be carried by participant volunteers. This is not a picnic and more of a serious shutter walk and we will expect participants to be of reasonable level of fitness
- We are dependant on volunteers for transport, we don’t have direct control over vehicle, vehicle drivers. Rarely we face small issues with pickup and drop locations at times. If you are too specific please check back before registring.
- We can not guaranty availability of rest rooms
- While utilizing campsite all trekkers has to be responsible of cleaning the place (after and before using).
- We expect every trekker to be humble towards Nature, localities and tribals.
- We have designated pick up and drop points, make your own arrangements of transports accordingly. It took more than 4 years for us to make our departure on time, that was since we started leaving all late comers behind
- For cancellation of participation, please contact the organisers and the refund will be based on discretion
- All CPC events are built on Teamwork. Our coordinators’ presence in the event is to lead the event, make sure that things are going as per plan, schedule, safety. Participants should follow the coordinators’ instructions for their own safety
- Trekking is a life skill of exploring the nature in natural way which gives you experience of surviving in nowhere and with nothing. Try to gain maximum of that experience, test the limits of your physic and mind.
- All our arrangements are very basic, we do not/can not provide luxury on such events.
- To keep proper track of participants and keep them updated time to time, we require each and every participant to read thru these points and then register.
- We do not have control over online registration head count, on times we get many registrations than max head count, in that case we have to request last overbooked members.
+ 91 98414 10250